Eight lighting fixtures of all sizes, shapes, and colors on our radar.
1. Recast by Simon Akkaya and Maarten Heijltjes of Waarmakers Studio
The Dutch designers’ experiments into no-waste manufacturing resulted in pendant fixtures made from polymer-concrete production offcuts that yield the colorful, fragmented appearance of super-scaled terrazzo.
2. Lunair by Filip Janssens of Filip Janssens
In the hands of the Belgian furniture designer, reclaimed travertine and marble from supplier Van den Weghe and planed lengths of discarded ash are transformed into floor lamps lit by LED strips. Through Scène Ouverte.
3. Joy by Nika Zupanc for Natuzzi Italia
As part of a multi-designer collection inspired by the sea, the Slovenian product designer’s floor lamp dangles an iridescent blown-glass orb from a twisted finial and wavelike metal stem on a ceramic base.
4. Carousel by Doug Johnston of Doug Johnston Studio
The artist uses a process of coiling and machine-stitching cordage based on ancient vessel-building techniques for his cavelike pendant fixtures, each a meditation on shelter and sanctuary. Through R & Company.
5. Turn+ by Nao Tamura for Ambientec
The Japanese-American founder of Nao employs a feather-delicate touch sensor on her aluminum, brass, or stainless-steel lantern, creating “a strong sensory and emotional bond with its user.”
6. Pop by Raymond Barberousse of Studio PGRB
For his sconce, the co-founder with Priti Gandhi of the Miami-based lighting studio paired twin frosted-glass globe shades with echoing spheres in solid machined brass.
7. Unseen by Arianna Lelli Mami and Chiara Di Pinto for Petite Friture
The Studiopepe duo sought to replicate the appearance of neon by employing LED tubes shaped into a collection that includes a chandelier, pendant fixture, sconce, and table lamp.
8. Haro by Peter Bundgaard Rützou and Signe Bindslev Henriksen for Stellar Works
The Space Copenhagen founders’ elevated take on industrial metal lighting includes a sconce, pendant fixture, and table and floor lamps, each with an opal glass shade that hovers like a UFO.