We partnered with Material ConneXion to bring you the most innovative new materials introduced in 2018. Dr. Andrew Dent explains the unique properties and applications of these materials in the five videos below.
1. Sp1ke, a new version of foam, has a diverse range of applications
2. Artificilae Matter, a salt-crystallized textured fabric, can be used as a drapery or wall hanging
3. Polycore, a polyurethane-coated fabric, offers high durability
4. Spalted Maple, a plywood patterned by fungi, introduces a natural kind of decoration
5. Loomia Electronic Layer, a flexible heat-delivery platform, also features light and touch sensors