These spaces — urban living rooms, vacation villa dining areas, outdoor terraces, and more — were made for quality time. Settle in and get cozy. For more design ideas, follow
@intdeshomes on Instagram .
1. Retro Meets Concrete in the “Conversation Pit” by Zalszupin, revived by René Fernandes Arquitectos Asociados
Photography by Filippo Bamberghi.
In the dining nook, a classic Eero Saarinen Tulip table and Robin Day chairs sit on a 1970s Scandinavian rug.
2. Lawson-Fenning Chairs Bring Comfort to a Hollywood Hotel Sky Lounge by Gulla Jónsdóttir
Photography by Jesus Banuelos.
Lawson-Fenning seating surrounds a table from Croft House in a social area of the Sky Lounge.
3. Vladimir Kagan Sofas and Kelly Wearstler Chairs Blend Beach Cool with Low-key Luxe in a Florida Penthouse by Sam Robin Design.
Photography by Kris Tamburello.
An ethanol-fueled linear fireplace cozies up one end of the sitting area.
4. Karin Eigner Designs a Nicaraguan Hacienda on a Private Island
Photography by Paul Massey.
A covered terrace offers a hanging daybed and seating for six.
5. Creative Design and Management Conceives a Plush, Upmarket Home in Western India.
Photography by Tejas Shah.
A wraparound clerestory and Tom Dixon pendant fixtures light up the living room.
6. SWA/Balsley, Weiss/Manfredi, and Arup Create Hunter’s Point South Park Phase II from an Abandoned Industrial Complex
Photography by David Lloyd/SWA; courtesy of SWA/Balsley and Weiss/Manfredi.
The Long Island City park offers stunning views on its circular waterfront lawn.
7. The System Lab Designs an Airy Volcanic Island Resort
Photography by Yongkwan Kim.
In the dining area of the main building, Villa Kosmos, a custom table by Jeongsup Lee sits on resin flooring embellished with polished-granite “crazy paving.”
8. Viña Edén Winery by Fábrica de Paisaje Takes Notes from its Uruguayan Surroundings.
Photography by Leonardo Finotti.
The dining table's textured wood grain compliments the idyllic landscape view.
9. Jessica Helgerson Interior Design Brings Casual Luxury to Portland's Hi-Lo Hotel
Photography by Aaron Leitz.
The addition of a swinging settee was devised to add a playful element to the space.
10. Style Mood Turns a New York Firehouse Into a Relaxed Members Club by Habitas
Photography courtesy of Read McKendree.
A pair of palms flanks a West Coast–inspired seating area.
11. Dwek Architecture + Partners Sculpts a Standout Triplex in France
Photography by Serge Anton, courtesy of Living Inside.
The aluminum-top Chale dining table sparked the rest of the decor.
12. Jan Henrik Jansen Designs a Custom Leather Sofa for his Vacation Home in Møn, Denmark
Photography by James Silverman.
River rocks form a mosaic floor, bringing outdoor elements into this modernist hobbit hole.
13. Deirdre Renniers Masterminds Amandira, an Indonesian Phinisi Superyacht
Photography courtesy of Aman.
Custom daybeds are built into the stern, ideal for sunset viewing.
14. De-Spec Brings Nature Inside a Soaring West Village Triplex
Photography by Frank Oudeman.
The living room’s sectional sofa and ottoman by Antonio Citterio create an intimate environment for conversation.
15. Alison Damonte Design and Mattingly Thaler Architecture Craft a Weekend Home in La Honda, California
Photography by Bruce Damonte.
The large communal space features clean lines and aqueous blues.