There are many ways to give to others and to your community, to a friend, or to causes that are meaningful. This post is about my give-back to DIFFA. The HIV/AIDS epidemic continues to affect millions across the country and around the world, and Dining by Design is DIFFA’s biggest fundraiser showcasing the most thought-provoking and creative installations done by the industry’s greatest talent. As chairman of the board for the past six years, it’s been so invigorating to be a part Dining by Design year after year. This March, we celebrate the 21st Dining by Design in a time that could really use some light and inspiration. The entire five-day event is a celebration what we do best: dining, designing, and making a DIFFA-rence!
Here are some snapshots from not only the past fews days... but the past few years of DBD—showing creativity flourishes that happen when we rally together and fight for change! For more, check out my Instagram, @thecindygram, and go forth and DESIGN!
1. DOWN MEMORY LANE: Interior Design’s installations from the last seven years of DIFFA’s Dining by Design (with many early ones designed with Ali Tayar). Our table is always at the end of the Pier, like a beacon, and typically promoting a message—in past years: LOVE and HOPE; in this year: LIGHT…
2. SNEAK PREVIEW! A quick peek at some sketches behind the table designs at DIFFA’s Dining By Design... Check out the drawings for School of Visual Arts, Crate and Barrel, Pratt Institute, Novita Communications, Arteriors, Jeffrey Beers International and Maya Romanoff with AKTO and Walters, Rockwell Group and The Rug Company, and Rottet Studio with Fendi Casa.
3. DESIGN IS A PROCESS: These are selected variations that got us to our final destination: LIGHT! And trust me, there were a slew more for our eyes only!
4. BEHIND THE SCENES: DIFFA’s Dining By Design 2018, NYC. An extraordinary event of creativity, community, and giving. Let’s all continue to make a DIFFA-rence!
5. DIFFA: DESIGN FOR A CURE (Part 1): Thursday night’s opening for DIFFA’s 21st Dining by Design was off the charts! Here’s a look at some of the creative and impactful installations!: Gensler, Knoll and EvensonBest, Alessandra Branca for Benjamin Moore, New York School of Interior Design with New York Design Center, Luxe Magazine, Design within Reach with Matthew Goodrich and Kendal Lowe.. and finishing off with Interior Design’s very own booth—THE LIGHT WITHIN!
6. DIFFA: DESIGN FOR A CURE (Part 2): Thursday night’s opening for DIFFA’s 21st Dining by Design was off the charts! Here’s a look at some of the creative and impactful installations: Novita Communications, Jeffrey Beers International and Maya Romanoff with AKTO and Walters, Rapt Studio, Rockwell Group and The Rug Company... finishing off, with Interior Design’s very own booth—THE LIGHT WITHIN!