A 1931 prefab house by Albert Frey and A. Lawrence Kocher, Aluminaire stood on architect Wallace K. Harrison’s estate in Huntington, New York, until 1989. Photography courtesy of the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation's John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Special Collections.
This early pencil sketch of Aluminaire is by Albert Frey. Image courtesy of the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation's John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Special Collections.
The house then moved to a New York Institute of Technology campus in Central Islip. Photography by Jon Michael Schwarting.
An ink sketch shows a bathroom, one of two. Image courtesy of the Aluminaire House Foundation.
NYIT maintained the house in Central Islip until 2011. Photography by Jon Michael Schwarting.
In 2017, the truck transporting the disassembled house to Palm Springs, California, sported a portrait of Frey in a graphic composition by Gary Wexler Design. Photography by Amon Focus.