You will be redirected to your destination in 15 seconds.
Designing Green Homes? You Need This!
BuildingGreen, the go-to site for reliable and non-biased information of sustainable design and construction, just announced the launch of a valuable new resource for designers, contractors, and homeowners.
GreenBuildingAdvisor.com is an expansive but easy-to-understand, one-stop guide for the design, building, and remodeling of green homes. Its goal, according to BuildingGreen’s Peter Yost, “is to provide all the real-world tools—qualified green products, design, and construction details, and the practical knowledge…in one place to anyone who wants to design and build green.”
GreenBuildingAdvisor.com’s online knowledge suite offers seven primary components:
- Green basics covering the fundamentals of building green.
- Green-product guide based on GreenSpec, the industry’s leading unbiased green-building product directory that invaluably teaches how to think about material choices.
- Construction details with nearly 1,000 home-construction-detail drawings that can be digitally pasted into architectural drawings or printed out for subcontractors.
- Green-building strategy generator based on user-generated information about a specific building project.
- In-depth advice via a forum for the exchange of information through blogs, discussions, and Q&A.
- Code issues including clear, concise advice on dealing with the code-approval process.
- Real-world examples of how green-building practices are being successfully used in homes nationwide, including new construction and remodeling.
At the heart of GreenBuildingAdvisor.com are some of the nation’s leading experts on green building, green remodeling, energy efficiency, and building science. A substantial portion of the information is available at no charge. Full access to the site, which includes a deeper dive into product choices, construction details, and more, requires membership as a GBA Pro on either a monthly ($15 per month) or annual ($149.99 per year) basis. This is a bargain!
Alex Wilson, founder and president of BuildingGreen, sums up the need he saw for GreenBuildingAdvisor.com. “Since we launched Environmental Building News nearly 18 years ago, we have covered both residential and commercial green building,” he said. “As the green-building industry has matured, it became clear that we needed to target readers more precisely. With GreenBuildingAdvisor.com, we are doing just that. I’m convinced that the building industry will quickly come to rely on this Web site as the most trusted, most useful, and most comprehensive resource on residential green building.”