You will be redirected to your destination in 15 seconds.
Paging Dr. Chroma Lab!
I think Chroma lab is really great. They take old vintage pieces and give them new happier lives. Their website is cool and quirky and fun.
This is a blurb from their website:
"Chroma Lab is Alicia Cornwell and Tony Bevilacqua, two people who love producing and living with colorful, modern furniture and home accessories in Boston. Tony is a very tall native Bostonian who worked as a fine artist and decorative painter for seven years after receiving his painting degree. Alicia is a medium-sized Texan art historian who moved to Boston to experience winter and tour old houses.
In 2008 we began transforming neglected but promising pieces of furniture by repairing and repainting them for ourselves and for our friends. It was a lot of fun, and it turns out other people like vibrant and repurposed furniture and accessories, too. We started Chroma Lab for anyone whose home needs a shot (or a lot) of pick-me-up color in the form of high quality furniture and unique, hand crafted clocks, lamps, and home accessories. Please check Chroma Lab’s site and portfolio often, since we are always working on something new."
Here is their manifesto. It made me smile:
- You know that quote by William Morris, "Have nothing in your home that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful"? We’ve got both covered.
- We’re only limited by our collective imagination–from faux wood grain to an automotive finish, we can do it all.
- We make old-fashioned house calls for free design and color consultation. Paging Dr. Chroma Lab!
- Pick-up and delivery are always free in the Boston area. If you live further afield, give us a holler and we’ll talk it over. We like road trips.
- By doing business with us, you’re supporting local artisans and strengthening your community’s economy.
- Pat yourself on the back, you green fiend–you’re recycling! The greenest piece of furniture is one that already exists.
- Think you have the world’s ugliest piece of furniture? We love a challenge.