Interior Design Admin | January 03, 2012
1. Eighty-six percent of those who said they'd attend Neocon in 2011 said they would check out manufacturers that showcased sustainable products.
2 San Francisco-based Gensler has held the number one spot in the Top 100 Giants for 32 years.
3. Out of nine project categories we profiled in the 2011 Top 100 listing, Gensler ranked highest in six of them: office, retail, government, education, cultural and transpiration.
4. When reviewing 2012 projects, Chicago-based Perkins + Will ranked number one in Healthcare Giants with five projects totaling 7.3 million square feet.
5. For 2012 projects, Santa Monica-based HBA ranked number one among Hospitality Giants.
6. Marc Michaels Interior Design, Peter Marino Architect, and Robert AM Stern Architects have been the top three Residential Design Giants for the last two years.
7. On average, 41 percent of all 2011 Top Giants' projects followed LEED guidelines.
8. Fifty-six percent of design professionals under the age of 35 use social media for design inspiration and product ideas, compared with only 33 percent of those over the age of 35.
9. About one-third of those polled in the 2011 Social Media Engagement study said new product introductions are what's most helpful to them on a manufacturer's Facebook or Twitter page.
10. Designers have a median average of 179 friends on Facebook.