June’s NeoCon , at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago, drew more than 50,000 visitors, a 5 percent increase from last year. Also on the rise was the amount of companies getting a toehold in the healthcare and wellness sectors. Just about every manufacturer who produces a table or desk—think Steelcase , KI , Humanscale —presented height-adjustable versions. The usual suspects— Wieland , Carolina , Krug —had healthcare introductions, but there were new names to the game, too, such as Arborite and Okamura , the latter, along with Herman Miller Healthcare/Nemschoff , even designing hospital vignettes in their showrooms.
1. Fizzle Graphic wall covering and Flash Back textile both in bleach-cleanable, biobased Xorel by Carnegie .
2. Ava recliner and Parsons tables by Nemschoff .
3. Apex vinyl with Crypton Revl finish and Matter & Motion Revolution bleach-cleanable recycled polyester by CF Stinson .
4. Designer White collection Corian solid-surfacing by DuPont .
5. Abbott, Nash, and Tucker chairs by Kimball Office .
6. EvoFabric Virtual polyurethane by Concertex .
7. Rein+ seating and Cascade tables in European beech by Carolina, an OFS Brands company.
8. Giona Maiarelli and Marina Sagona’s Ink collection high-pressure laminates by Arborite .
9. WorkUp height-adjustable table by KI .
10. Aspecta Abstracts collection LVT flooring in Tarnish, Fracas, Hexi, and Careen by Metroflor .
11. OfficeIQ intelligence technology measuring user activity; can be retrofitted to any height-adjustable surface or task chair, by Humanscale (available in Q3).
12. Anthology collection LVT flooring by Mannington Commercial .
13. Ipsia II treatment chair and Divo IV stand by Okamura .