The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA), established in 1963 to ensure safe, beautiful, and functional kitchen and bath spaces, provides its nearly 14,000 member companies with a multitude of tools to strengthen their businesses. The association plans to expand these resources and launch an enhanced website in conjunction with the 2018 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS). Below, we list five ways joining the NKBA can benefit your business.
1. Targeted educational opportunities. Members have the opportunity to become certified designers by passing comprehensive exams. These include the Associate Kitchen & Bath Designer (AKBD), Certified Kitchen & Bath Designer (CKBD), and Certified Master Kitchen & Bath Designer (CMKBD) exams, all of which require a specified number of study hours in a rigorous curriculum. Only NKBA members may enroll.
2. Networking with industry leaders. With more than 70 chapters located throughout North America, NKBA members can attend chapter meetings and connect with other kitchen and bath professionals on a local level. Each meeting allows industry professionals to develop personal and professional relationships and provides a venue to discuss common issues and solve problems.
3. Full access to NKBA's website. One standout feature of NKBA's website includes the ProSearch tool, which helps potential customers locate kitchen and bath industry professionals. Consumers can enter their location and receive a refined list of local companies, designers, and craftsmen. The NKBA will unveil an enhanced and more user-friendly website in conjunction with KBIS 2018.
4. Perks at NKBA events. NKBA members pay significantly less than non-members for their booth space at the NKBA-owned KBIS each year—so much less that NKBA membership typically more than pays for itself each year in KBIS booth discounts alone. NKBA member companies also receive complimentary special listings in the KBIS Directory, the search engine for companies involved in the kitchen and bath industry.
5. Hurricane Harvey relief. The NKBA plans to raise $1 million—with NKBA matching donations up to $500,000—that will aid its members in affected areas. Donations will go directly to helping these members get their businesses, livelihoods, and lives back on track. Members may use funds to help clean up flood damage, restore showrooms, replace inventory, repair equipment, or otherwise recover from this disaster. Click here to donate.
Learn more about the NKBA.