Staff -- Interior Design, 9/1/2001 12:00:00 AM
On August 2nd, Herman Miller hosted an intimate soirée in honor of Interior Design's new editor in chief, Cindy Allen. The Madison Avenue showroom became a "who's who in the design world" showcase as renowned architects and designers such as David Rockwell and Michael Graves, among others, joined in the celebration.
1. Spy Cam: Rick Focke of HOK and Hilda Longinotti of Herman Miller caught on film.
2. Daring Duo:Interior Design publisher Mark Strauss with guest of honor Cindy Allen.
3. Graves Grooves: Designer Michael Graves jests in the midst of fellow partygoers.
4. Smile for the Camera: Warm greetings from George Kordaris of Herman Miller and Robin Klehr Avia, vice president of Gensler.
5. Window on New York: Mancini Duffy principal Peter Black enjoys the view from the showroom's terrace.
6. Interview with an Editor: Cindy Allen chats with Mancini Duffy's Bill Bouchey; David Rockwell with Kohn Pedersen Fox's Eugene Kohn in background.
7. Speaking Up: Architect Lee Mindel has an animated conversation with other attendees.
8. Raise Your Glass: Gensler, New York, vice president Gus Hinojosa toasts to the future.
9. The Outdoors: Larry Berger, principal of Berger Raitt, and Ed Bajbek, director of design for SCR Design, get a breath of fresh air (and some laughs) on the showroom's terrace; grid's Amanda May in background.
10. Thank Heaven: Designer Jamie Drake sighs with relief as he escapes the crowds.