Staff -- Interior Design, 2/1/2007 12:00:00 AM
To celebrate its 15th anniversary, Gabellini Sheppard Associates served up cocktails at one of the firm's splashiest projects, New York's Top of the Rock observation deck—which graced the January 2006 cover of this magazine. The guest list mixed the worlds of fashion and interiors, everybody eager to toast the firm and its founding principal, Interior Design Hall of Fame member Michael Gabellini.
1. The view from the 67th-floor observation deck at Rockefeller Center.
2. Hot Sox co-owners Sarah and Gary Wolkowitz flanking real-estate developer Alf Naman.
3. The firm's three principals, Daniel Garbowit, Kimberly Sheppard, and Michael Gabellini.
4. Fashion designer Samantha Treacy with furniture designer Dakota Jackson.
5. Fern Mallis, vice president of IMG Fashion.
San Francisco Treat
Winter Market drew some of the industry's elite, including Holly Hunt and Ted Boerner, to the San Francisco Design Center. The keynote presentation, called "Inside the Design Studio," featured Interior Design's own deputy editor, Edie Cohen, interviewing former editor in chief Stanley Abercrombie on the current state of the profession.
6. Kwan Henmi Architecture/Planning interior designer Jennifer Gadiel, architect David Baker, and architect Anne Fougeron.
7. Tucker & Marks Interior Design and Decoration partners Suzanne Tucker and Timothy Marks.
8. Designer Michael Vanderbyl, Interior Design Hall of Fame member Ronette King, and Fuseproject president Yves Béhar.
9. Interior Design deputy editor Edie Cohen, the SFDC's CEO, Tim Treadway, and former editor in chief Stanley Abercrombie.
10. Kajsa Hallberg, the manager of SFDC's McGuire Furniture Company showroom, and designer Laura Kirar.