Staff -- Interior Design, 9/1/2006 12:00:00 AM
The World According to Lee
What did Shelton, Mindel & Associates partner Lee Mindel do on his summer vacation? Took Europe by storm, hobnobbing with Prince Charles, Sting, and assorted design legends. Clearly no typical tourist, Mindel still snapped away like the rest of us.
1. Lee Mindel at Windsor Castle in the U.K. for a benefit hosted by Prince Charles.
2. With Annette Rachlin, owner of Furniture From Scandinavia, at a Danish gas station designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1937.
3. Poul Kjærholm chairs in his retrospective at the Louisiana Museum for Modern Art in Denmark.
4. Trudie Styler, Mindel, and a sitar in London, where she lives with Sting.
5. A dock near the Kjærholm house outside Copenhagen.
6. Erik Gunnar Asplund's pavilion at Woodland Cemetery in Stockholm.
7. Hanne Kjærholm, Poul's architect widow, and Mindel with a PK24 chaise longue at the Louisiana Museum.
8. Playing peekaboo at the Moderna Museet, Stockholm.
9. Hiding on the grounds of Windsor Castle.