Staff -- Interior Design, 10/1/2007 12:00:00 AM
A Tale of Two Cities
The New York Design Center's president, James Druckman, hosted a reception at the Museum of the City of New York to raise funds for its upcoming "Paris/New York: Design Fashion Culture, 1925-1940." Revelers were treated to a preview of the show, a celebration of the historical intersection between the two world capitals.
1. Interior Design Hall of Fame member Albert Hadley.
2. Show curator Donald Albrecht.
3. Ashley Quinn and Vanessa De Leon of Vanessa De Leon Associates.
4. Bachman Clem, senior designer with Amy Lau Design, and writer Cator Sparks.
5. Stephanie Odegard of Odegard and John Danzer, founder of Munder-Skiles.
6. Janice Langrall, marketing director at Stroheim, and Ken Wampler, executive director of Alpha Workshops.
7. Richard Fiore of BFI Construction and his wife, Interior Design Hall of Famer Laura Bohn.
8. Scott Salvator and Michael Zabriskie, both of Salvator's namesake firm.
9. Milliners Susan Saas and Rod Keenan flaunt their finery.
City by the Bay
The Northern California Chapter of the IIDA gathered at the Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco for the 2007 Leader's Breakfast. Sponsored by Herman Miller and Interior Design, the event honored Interior Design Hall of Fame member Art Gensler and featured a keynote address by Fuseproject founder Yves Béhar.
10. IIDA Northern California chapter president Charles Uehrke.
11. Uehrke with fellow Leader's Breakfast committee members Sharon Cadiou, Annsley Marshall, Cheryl Gordon, Lora Anderson, Amy Stonebreaker, Linda von Novak, Jean Hansen, Fae Urban, Kim Trainor, Pedro Ayala, and Martha Vega.
12. Interior Design deputy editor Edie Cohen.
13. Honoree Art Gensler, founder of Gensler.
14. Fuseproject founder Yves Béhar describing his One Laptop per Child campaign.
15. San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom.
16. Pamela Saxton, A&D sales director for the Southern California/Southwest regions at Herman Miller, with the IIDA's executive vice president and CEO, Cheryl Durst, and senior director of communications and marketing, Jocelyn Pysarchuk.