Reading your mind
Staff -- Interior Design, 9/1/2004 12:00:00 AM
To gain insight into the creative process, Interior Design held focus groups in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, inviting local professionals to participate. The endeavor expanded from pure research to intriguing discussions of individual passions for design. Editor in chief Cindy Allen hosted the New York installment over lunch at the magazine's own office.
1. GV Interior Design principal Ghislaine Viñas.
2. Joan and Jayne Michaels, partners in 2Michaels.
3. David Mann, president of MR Architecture + Décor.
4. Durukan Design principal Funda Durukan and Dufner Heighes partner Gregory Dufner.
5. In the Park Avenue South conference room of Interior Design.
6. Dufner Heighes partner Daniel Heighes Wismer and Messana O'Rorke design principal Brian Messana.
7. Swanke Hayden Connell design director of interiors Agatha Habjan and TWB Design principal Teri Brajewski.
8. Keith Rosen, design director at Gensler in New York.
9. A model Citroën, one of the inspirational objects brought in.
10. Bill Bouchey, director of design at the New York office of Mancini Duffy.
11. Interior Design editor in chief Cindy Allen.
12. Architect David Ling.