Pucci Times Two
Staff -- Interior Design, 6/1/2008 12:00:00 AM
Interior Design and Ralph Pucci International teamed up to fete new lighting and upholstered furniture by David Weeks Studio and vessels by Abigail Simpson Ceramics, both downstairs at Pucci's sprawling, multilevel gallery in New York. Guests venturing up to the penthouse were treated to a second show, featuring limited-edition pieces by Philippe Hiquily and Jean-Claude Farhi.
1. Interior designer Patrick Naggar. 2. Interior Design Hall of Fame member Gisue Hariri and Sheraton Hotels & Resorts vice president of design D.B. Kim. 3. Designer Paul Mathieu. 4. The new range by David Weeks Studio. 5. Ralph Pucci International residential sales manager Donn Copa and ceramist Abigail Simpson. 6. Designer Vladimir Kagan, Interior Design editor in chief Cindy Allen, and cohost Ralph Pucci. 7. David Weeks and Areaware owner Noel Wiggins. 8. Associate publisher Carol Cisco, market editor Karen D. Singh, and sales representative Kathy Harrigan, all from Interior Design.
It's nice to get a farewell party when you leave a job, but it's much more fun to get one upon arrival. Interior Design joined forces with Donghia to welcome Charles Chewning, the recently named creative director of the furniture, textiles, and accessories manufacturer. The event took place at New York's Allen & Delancey restaurant—showing how far the Lower East Side has come from its discount days.
9. Designer S. Russell Groves and Interior Design Hall of Fame member Calvin Tsao.
10. Parallel Design principal Ali Tayar and architect Philippe Castellan.
11. Interior Design senior editor Deborah Wilk and Gensler's Molly Heintz, marketing and public-relations director for the Northeast.
12. Peter Conant of Conant Architects with Donghia chairman Alessandro Favaretto Rubelli.
13. Donghia creative director Charles Chewning, the honoree, with two colleagues, marketing projects coordinator Alison Kraus and president and CEO Rosecrans Baldwin.