Staff -- Interior Design, 11/1/2007 12:00:00 AM
A joint showroom for three Italian manufacturers, Boffi, Living Divani, and Porro, By Los Angeles has joined its five-month-old counterpart, By New York. Both of the loftlike spaces are the work of Interior Design Hall of Fame member Piero Lissoni and his fellow principal, Nicolleta Canesi.
1. Piero Lissoni of Lissoni Associati.
2. The 3,100-square-foot West Hollywood space.
3. Design: X's Avanthi Wadu, Kelly Jao, Michol Tieni, and Bruno Bondanelli.
4. Valeria Torriani, senior designer of Boffi, Los Angeles, Mark Robinson, president of Boffi, Los Angeles, Interior Design deputy editor Edie Cohen, and Taylor & Company's Julie D. Taylor.
Reason to Celebrate
Design stars gathered at Moss Los Angeles for the opening of "Art of Reason," an installation of the 606 Universal Shelving System and 620 Chair Programme, designed by Dieter Rams for Vitsoe in 1960-62.
5. The many faces of Dieter Rams.
6. Rams being toasted by proprietor Murray Moss and Interior Design Hall of Fame member Philippe Starck.
Kudos and Bows
A tent pitched at New York's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, was bursting at the seams for the National Design Awards gala. Winners included architect Antoine Predock for lifetime achievement, Robert Venturi and Denise Scott Brown for the Design Mind prize, Lewis.Tsurumaki.Lewis for interior design, Office dA for architecture, and Maharam for patron.
7. Antoine Predock accepting his award.
8. Interior Design Hall of Fame member Calvin Tsao and Interior Design editor in chief Cindy Allen.
9. Hall of Famer Richard Gluckman with Office dA partners Nader Tehrani and Monica Ponce de Leon.
10. Gala chairman Richard Meier.
11. Maharam's Michael and Stephen Maharam at the podium.
We would love your feedback!