Staff -- Interior Design, 5/1/2005 12:00:00 AM
The Just Cavalli store, Roberto Cavalli's flagship in Milan's fashion district, provided the glamorous setting for Interior Design's cocktail party during Salone Internazionale del Mobile. Bellinis and prosecco lubricated the crowd in the lushly upholstered triplex. Along with the store's designer Italo Rota, nearly 100 of the industry's movers and shakers convened on the spot.
1. Italo Rota, principal of Studio Rota & Partner, which designed the store.
2. The flagship's mirrored stairwell.
3. Interior Design editor in chief Cindy Allen with DDC vice presidents Babak and Seemak Hakakian.
4. From the store's built-in booth, a DJ moves the crowd.
5. Interior Design market editor Karen Singh with Bernhardt Design design director Jerry Helling, Interior Design publisher and vice president Mark Strauss, and industrial designer Hill Jephson Robb.
6. Stephanie Odegard, president of Odegard; Cindy Daniel of Yoga on Center; Laura Guido-Clark, principal of her namesake consultancy, and Eames Demetrios, director of the Eames Office.
7. Interior Design sales associate Riccardo Laureri with Roberto Ugioli, the husband of Antonella Lanari, a manager for furniture representative Federlegno-Arredo.
8. Rockwell Group's studio leader Barry Richards with associate Marc Hacker.